Bernhardt Furniture - DONT BUY BERNHARDT FOR THE “WARRANTY” PROMISE

Style and Design

We purchased a set, sofa and love seat, with manual recliners. A couple of weeks after use, the one end of sofa made high pitched screech noise when recliner engaged.

6 months after purchase, the whole seat box fell and the footrest mechanism was trapped and unable to extend. A new seat box was “ordered” but was going to have to “be built” because the piece was no longer in production, so we were told. The new piece took TEN TO TWELVE WEEKS to build, since I was told this mid OCTOBER, 2017, and was only notified it was received mid/end of JANUARY 2018!! Meanwhile, the OTHER end of the sofa is in the process of failing AS WELL!!!

I was informed today that BERNHARDT will only “fix” the seat. This is clearly a flawed piece, since we’ve had no issues with the matching loveseat. Big talk about what an upstanding and superior nameBERNHARDT is in the industry, until it comes time to DO THE RIGHT THING by the consumer.

Major disappointment on ALL levels and accounts. Never buy anything from this company again!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bernhardt Furniture Sofa.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Did not live up to the name.

Baers Furniture - DO NOT believe “WARRANTY” spiel at BAER’S FUNITURE

March, 2017, we purchased a manual reclining sofa and loveseat by BERNHARDT. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!

We idiotically also purchased the “insurance” for punctures, spills etc. Within a couple of weeks, the sofa starts making a high pitched shrieking sound when releasing the recliner mechanism. Didn’t think much about it...wood frame, humidity in Florida, etc. We moved to Atlanta, GA May, 2017.

The sound continues. SEPTEMBER, 2017, the piece is SIX MONTHS OLD, the seat box COLLAPSES down into the sofa and the foot rest will not extend. Placed a call to Baer’s customer service, and that begins the total runaround, excuses why “we can’t, we don’t, we won’t, we never have, we never will, blah, blah, blah” lip service. The first excuse was we “left the state.” Excuse me??

So where is that written, leaving the state voids their responsibility for repair/replacement?? Oh yeah, ITS NOT!! In NONE of my paperwork is that defined or even addressed!! What a crock!!

There are 31 vendors for Bernhardt in the met Atlanta area....COME ON!!! It is now FEBRUARY, 2018. We have not received ANY action. BERNHARDT does not correspond with the consumer AT ALL.

Everything has to go through original sale point, and that’s proven to be a complete waste of time, energy and stress. In the meantime, the OTHER end of the sofa has begun to fail, as well, and all we get is, “ BERNHARDT is only offering to replace the seat box.” Well la tee dah, isn’t that special? What a bunch of CRAP!!! So, my advice to anyone looking at purchasing furniture from Baer’s....save your money and go to HAVERTY’S.

They are superior in every way. And, by all means, DONT BUY ANY ADDITIONAL COVERAGE OR INSURANCE PLANS, ITS A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bernhardt Furniture Sofa.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Havertys Furniture - Simple Review #1491959194

Brought a sofa and two chairs less than a year the sofa and chair is not holding up. The pillows are flating, there are no other person in my home but myself and my husband.

So uncomfortable, my other sofa had it over 25years and gave it to my son still a good sofa. I hate I brought these items. Will not buy from them again.

Havertys not good. Paid 3000.00 for bad product.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bernhardt Furniture Sofa.

Reason of review: Bad quality.